Women’s Tennis Blog is back! 🙂 Sorry for this week of absence. I traveled to Brussels and I had expected I would be updating my blog, but access to the Internet was too expensive and complicated so I decided to make a short break. Anyways, there was only the Fed Cup going on over the weekend and Serbia and the Czech Republic became the finalists when Serbia defeated Russia 3-2 and the Czechs defeated Italy 4-1 in the semis. The Fed Cup final will be played in the beginning of November.
Let’s see what else happened this past week:
- Kim Clijsters is still recovering from her hip injury and will skip the French Open.
- Svetlana Kuznetsova shocked with a new haircut.
- Jelena Jankovic is reportedly on a trial with coach Zeljko Krajan, who has stopped working with Dominika Cibulkova this month. Krajan is most famously known for his cooperation with Dinara Safina.
- Andrea Petkovic returned to action for the first time since Sydney, playing the Fed Cup, but lost her singles rubber to Sam Stosur.
- Caroline Wozniacki released music video for “Oxygen”. 😛
- Maria Sharapova turned 25 on April 19. Yes, just 25!
Reports that I said tennis players are underpaid is completely untrue. I am very fortunate to make a great living from something I love!
Referring to her statement in the Telegraph:
I think tennis players are actually underpaid, but I might be a little biased. I like to think we are rewarded for the hard work we put in.
Thanks for the patience, friends. From tomorrow I’ll resume normal posting. 🙂