Maria Sharapova is the person whose stylish tennis dresses inspired me to start my signature Fashion Retrospections back in 2007 and now it’s my pleasure create a collage of all her 2015 Nike outfits. I can’t believe that this is my ninth annual fashion overview of Masha’s Nike clothes!
The five-time Grand Slam champion started the season by winning the Brisbane International, wearing the silver Nike Winter Premier Maria Skirt, that features a contrast hyper punch waistband, and a simple white tank. Sharapova had ended the 2014 season in this look.
Masha’s run to the Australian Open finals and Acapulco semis was made super stylish thanks to this red Nike Spring Maria OZ Premier Dress with cute back cutout and printed shorts.
A simple orange tank and neutral skirt were Maria’s pick for Indian Wells.
In Miami, separates were again Maria’s choice, this time in light blue and purple.
MARIA SHARAPOVA’S NIKE FASHION THROUGH THE YEARS:
- 2014: All Maria Sharapova’s Nike clothes in pictures
- 2013: Masha’s simple, sporty and subtle styles
- 2012: Nike dresses Sharapova wore in her stellar Career Slam and Olympic silver season
- 2011: All the dresses of tennis fashion queen Maria Sharapova
- 2010: The Queen of Tennis Fashion and her Nike designs
- 2009: Masha and Nike throughout the year
- 2008: All Maria Sharapova’s Nike outfits for this season
- 2007: On-court looks of Maria Sharapova in Nike
In Stuttgart, Madrid and Rome, Sharapova paired this classic orange tank with a white skirt that includes a nice triangle print which was later also had incorporated in the Russian’s Wimbledon dress. As far as I know, this skirt and the Wimbledon dress have never been available at retail.
During warm-ups, we also saw Sharapova in this matching long-sleeved shirt.
A lovely tunic with stripes inspired by French region Brittany and the Nike Court Zoom Vapor 9 Tour x Colette shoes were created for Sharapova’s Roland Garros title defence, but during all her matches Sharapova wore these long-sleeves over the cute Nike Summer Maria Paris Tunic, so aside from the promo pics, only the micro-pleated skirt got exposure.
The earlier-mentioned Wimbledon dress is one of my favorite designs of the season. When you look at it up close, you notice how wonderfully Nike incorporated the subtle print and how well it works with the classic shape of the item.
I wrote so much about Sharapova’s black and white dress intended for the US Open. We never got to see it in New York, since Sharapova withdrew from the tournament, continuing her leg injury recovery that started after Wimbledon, but we did get to see it in action in Wuhan in late September, although just briefly, as the 28-year-old retired in the third set of her opener against Barbora Strycova. The black colorblocks not only look chic, they also house mesh fabric for added ventilation.
Masha closed the WTA season in Singapore, wearing light blue separates consisting of the Nike Winter Premier Maria Tank with intricate white spaghetti strap design in the back and the stylish Nike Winter Premier Maria Skirt, characterized by lovely pleats which feature perforated Breathe material for extra lightweight feel.
What do you say about Sharapova’s year 2015 with Nike? It was hampered by Sharapova’s injuries, as she played just one match in almost four months from early July to late October. My favorite is the black and white US Open (Wuhan) dress, while my other favorites are all the other Grand Slam dresses and the light blue Singapore kit, especially the tank strap design.
MORE 2015 WTA FASHION RETROSPECTIONS:
- Sexy tunics, leopard dresses, flirty separates: Serena Williams‘ Nike outfits throughout 2015
- All Garbine Muguruza‘s Adidas by Stella McCartney styles in stellar 2015 season
- Lace, laser, silver & metallic: All Agnieszka Radwanska‘s 2015 Lotto fashion statements
- Sporty femininity: All Jelena Jankovic‘s Fila outfits in 2015