Today I got in touch with Lotto and I am so excited to tell you that this Lotto Spring Nixia Dress in pink fluo pop is what Agnieszka Radwanska will wear at the 2016 Australian Open.
As you know, last season was all about lace for Lotto, while this season the company is exploiting the countless possibilities of mesh, using it to provide both stylish detailing and extra ventilation for hot Australian temperatures. As you can see, a large portion of the back is mesh, with a built-in bra in the same color showing underneath. The dress has dropped waist and pleated skirt.
Radwanska’s shoes for Melbourne are these speed-oriented SS16 Stratospheres.
The Nixia II collection also includes the Lotto Spring Nixia Top, a similar tank, and the Lotto Spring Nixia Skirt that other Lotto players will wear.
CHECK OUT WHAT OTHER WTA STARS WILL SPORT AT THE 2016 AUSTRALIAN OPEN:
- Jelena Jankovic, Yaroslava Shvedova: Fila print echoes flying tennis balls
- Victoria Azarenka: Green and white Nike tank + shorts combo
- Eugenie Bouchard: Ombre stripes for visual appeal, Nike Dri-Fit mesh for comfort
- Serena Williams: Nike introduces crop tops, yellow from head to toe
- Maria Sharapova: Pure athleticism in the Russian’s new Nike dress
- Venus Williams: EleVen finds inspiration in brushstrokes
- Simona Halep: Adidas‘ red and blue separates, the word “tennis” spelled out in the print
- Caroline Wozniacki: Orange and sand colorblocks in the Adidas Spring Stella McCartney Tour Dress
- Ana Ivanovic, Kristina Mladenovic: Red Adidas printed dress ready for Melbourne
- Monica Puig, Sloane Stephens: Ellesse & Under Armour tennis styles for the Australian Open
Will this style be used the whole season like last year with the lace?
Roberto, I don’t know. Last year lace was present in most Lotto’s outfits, but for example the laser cut elements, if you remember, were present in just two dresses of the season. So we’ll have to wait and see.
Kristyna Pliskova is wearing some really nice floral Lotto separates in Melbourne, do you know more about the line?
Johanna, I know which outfit you’re talking about, but TBH I don’t know which line it is from. I suppose it’s something new, as I don’t remember it being from some older lines. If I come across some info, I will let you know here.
Johanna, now I finally know: the clothes are from Lotto’s training group, supposed to be worn during practice and interviews, but some WTA players opted to wear them during matches as well, as the models and materials allow it. The line is called Ursula.