After showing you Maria Sharapova’s and Serena Williams’ Nike dresses for the 2017 French Open, which will not see the light of the day as neither the Russian nor the American will play the Grand Slam in Paris this year, I’d like to present the separates that we’re bound to see all over the tournament site throughout the fortnight, as many players will wear them, including the WTA’s 2017 leader in the number of titles and match wins — Elina Svitolina.
The mock-neck Nike Summer Slam Premier Tank in paramount blue pairs with the Nike Summer Power Spin Premier Skirt which is distinctive for its white paint splash print, or as Nike explains “the scatter and grit of clay court during furious games”. Both items also exist in black, while the skort is available in two lengths.
If you browsed through our Tuesday’s and Wednesday’s qualifying photo galleries, you’ve already seen this kit in action a lot.
The tank is made from circular knit fabric for enhanced breathability, as you can see in the pic above. The skort’s Nike Power fabric ensures stretch and support, Dri-FIT technology is there to wick sweat away, while mesh waistband brings targeted ventilation.
Besides the world No.6 Svitolina, I expect we’ll see Eugenie Bouchard, Annika Beck, Madison Keys, and many others in this outfit.
MORE ROLAND GARROS 2017 WTA FASHIONS:
- New Balance‘s clothes for Heather Watson, Nicole Gibbs and Sorana Cirstea
- Tennis styles for the absentees: Maria Sharapova‘s and Serena Williams‘ Nike dresses
- Venus Williams‘ EleVen diamonds for Paris
- Karolina Pliskova, Jelena Jankovic to wear Heritage collection, other Fila athletes to sport Tropical Slice
- Lotto brings boldness back with Agnieszka Radwanska‘s forest tulle dress
- Angelique Kerber‘s and Kristina Mladenovic‘s Adidas outfits
- Caroline Wozniacki‘s red Adidas by Stella McCartney beauty for red clay
- Alluring black and white Adidas dress for defending champion Garbine Muguruza
- Lacoste‘s rejuvenated classics for Alize Cornet and Christina McHale
I feel like they were going for being hit during paintball but instead got painters who can’t afford to change clothes. i don’t like the bottom part at all
I like it. Perfect for clay. It looks good on players especially on Aryna Sabalenka as pictured above.
not my cup of tea. As well as the tucked tops…