Nike is releasing fierce new looks for the 2017 US Open and while we’re still waiting for more details, we do have some promo photos including Maria Sharapova, Victoria Azarenka, Madison Keys and the company’s ATP representatives.
I’m still perplexed whether the outfit above will indeed be Sharapova’s on-court look at Flushing Meadows, as she always wears groundbreaking dresses at Grand Slams, while this is a pure black combination of tank and shorts. However, when you look at the ensemble closely, you can see that it is not plain, since the loose Nike Fall Maria Flex Shorts feature all-around micro pleats that match the tank’s pleated dropped back.
A closer look at @MariaSharapova’s @Nikecourt US Open outfit pic.twitter.com/wDK3aCXtxR
— Jimmie48 Photography (@JJlovesTennis) August 21, 2017
Even though it is now certain that Victoria Azarenka will skip the US Open because of her personal issues involving child custody, we can see her in the promo image wearing the metallic platinum Nike Fall Slam NYC Tank which is unique for its prism print inspired by the lights at the tournament’s courts. Madison Keys is also showing the tank, its other version that also includes blue and red tones.
While we’re still waiting for Nike to give us a definite answer as to who will wear what during the US Open competition, it is certain that Sharapova’s practice kit will include this Nike Fall Baseline Crop Tank, which exists in action red, black, blue jay, white and sonic yellow.
Moreover, NikeCourt released this photo of Sharapova, promoting what they call an all-day tennis style, including this Nike Fall Court Bomber Jacket.
UPDATE: It’s now confirmed that Maria Sharapova will wear a stunning Swarovski-studded little black dress designed by Riccardo Tisci.
MORE US OPEN 2017 WTA FASHION:
- Angelique Kerber, Simona Halep, Jelena Ostapenko to sport the Adidas vintage tennis aesthetic by Pharrell Williams
- Surprise! Musician Pharrell Williams designs Garbine Muguruza’s Adidas outfit for New York
- Venus Williams‘ EleVen Epiphany collection
- Glamour, sexiness, style: Maria Sharapova’s Swarovski-studded Nike little black dress designed by Riccardo Tisci
- Flamingos & palms: Agnieszka Radwanska’s pink Lotto dress
- Pastel colors + retro geometry: Karolina Pliskova presents new Fila Heritage collection
- Caroline Wozniacki‘s fierce red Adidas by Stella McCartney dress
- Adidas by Stella McCartney raises the bar with New York collection for the US Open
- Andrea Petkovic’s Adidas by Stella McCartney Barricade tank and skort inspired New York City’s sunset skyline
- Christina McHale shows Lacoste‘s spiced up classics ready for Flushing Meadows
The collection looks very chic and streamline, i like what ive seen so far. I much prefer this over Adidas!
Shame about Azarenka, i hope she is ok.
Looking forward to seeing what Sharapova will wear. I hope she plays well in NYC, her comeback has been so up and down.
I love Keys and Azarenka;’s outfit, the metalic print is very bold and daring.
I think this is what Maria’s gonna wear for her day dress, and the black version for night matches like in the promo pic: [link expired]
Nice but nothing special. Lately it seems that Nike is aiming for mass market appeal with their tennis gear. Wearable and nice enough.
Isnt that Petra in the promo pic? I can’t tell lol
Jacob, there’s no Petra. Just the players I mentioned in the title.
I love Vika’s kit to be honest. I think Maria is wearing a surprise dress (not the one in the promo pic). She has been hinting her followers on Twitter.
Marija, here is Maria’s nighg dress for the us open:
Ian, I know, I saw it the moment she posted it and wrote about it 🙂 https://womenstennisblog.com/2017/08/23/nike-sharapova-us-open-2017-dress/