Nine years after triumphing in Eastbourne for the first time, last year’s runner-up Caroline Wozniacki of Denmark repeated the feat by beating Aryna Sabalenka of Belarus 7-5 7-6(5) in the final. Our Karen Helf attended the title match and described it in detail in her report, while our Jimmie48 photographed the encounter, after making a short break from the Nature Valley International to attend the Tennis on the Thames event in London.
In doubles final, fourth seeds Gabriela Dabrowski and Xu Yifan defeated Irina-Camelia Begu and new official Sofibella representative Mihaela Buzarnescu 6-3 7-5.
MORE 2018 NATURE VALLEY INTERNATIONAL PHOTOS:
- Wednesday: Third-round matches
- Tuesday: Second-round action completes
- Monday: Wozniacki, Pliskova reach third round, Cibulkova wins clash of former champions
- Sunday: Agnieszka Radwanska’s tour comeback + first-round matches
- Saturday: Kerber, Kasatkina, Cibulkova practice on grass