After the colorful Top Spin and girly 30 Love collections that were a step out of Fila‘s comfort zone, the sportswear manufacturer is going back to its roots with new tennis clothes in the Heritage line to be debuted at the 2020 US Open by Sofia Kenin, Karolina Pliskova and other WTA players sponsored by the company.
The Heritage line has been known for its classic navy, red and white color palette, rooted in the brand’s rich tennis fashion history and fused with contemporary style and performance updates. The latest Fila Heritage apparel to be debuted in New York City will be complemented by pops of eye-catching green, daring cuts and whimsical silhouettes that bridge the traditional and modern elements of the brand.
The world No.4 Kenin is seen wearing the crimson Heritage Halter Tank, which also exists in navy. The American paired the chic top with the navy Heritage Skort — also available in green and ecru (a light beige nuance) — a 13.5 inch option equipped with moisture-wicking and anti-odor properties and Heritage elastic at the front and bottom hems.
For the promotional photoshoot, the world No.3 Pliskova chose the ecru Heritage Cami Tank, featuring striped adjustable criss-cross back strapping, and a 14.5 inch variant of the Heritage Skort, highlighted by pleating on the bottom hem.
When it comes to tops, the collection also features the Racerback Tank, Full Coverage Tank, and Short-Sleeve Polo. Rounding out the collection are the stunning navy Heritage Dress with ecru and court green striping, vintage Heritage Pants and a matching Jacket.
The new Axilus 2 Energized women’s tennis shoe matches the clothing with its combination of green, red and navy. Four of the current top seven WTA players in the world are wearing this performance model.
MORE 2020 US OPEN WTA FASHION:
- Andre Agassi’s 1990 fashion makes a return to tennis in new Nike collection
- Adidas launches new apparel for Angelique Kerber, Garbine Muguruza and others
- New Balance’s neo flame apparel ready to set the US Open on fire
- Venus Williams to sport sparkly EleVen Shine collection
- Ready for return in red: Yonex presents NYC collection
- Outfits for Asics-sponsored Zhang Shuai, Caroline Garcia and Iga Swiatek
- Maria Sharapova’s custom Nike day and night dresses
- Vera Zvonareva to sport Bidi Badu’s Heat of the Night collection
- Lacoste’s fresh tennis clothes rock New York City