Lacoste always succeeds in creating timeless designs that look traditional and refreshing at the same time. The company’s latest ladies’ tennis collection was promoted by Anett Kontaveit and Christina McHale at the Western & Southern Open and I suppose it will continue to grace the courts of the Billie Jean King USTA National Tennis Center during the 2020 US Open.
Unfortunately, due to media restrictions during the pandemic, none of my two photographers have been able to attend the tournaments in New York, so I don’t have photos of WTA players wearing the new outfits, except for Jimmie48‘s Prague Open photos of Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova where the Russian is sporting a light blue version of the dress.
The photos featured here are from Lacoste’s website. If anyone can explain, why they wanted the model to look hungry and depressed?
The collection is all about refreshed classic designs with neat blocks of blue and green shades.
The t-shirt from the new 2020 range was sported by Christina McHale at the Western & Southern Open. It has breathable mesh sleeves and panels at back. The colorblocking style is so simple yet so unusual, with a large horizontal dark blue panel at hem and vertical white panel that creates a unique asymmetry.
Anett Kontaveit reached the quarterfinals of the Western & Southern Open, wearing the Lacoste SPORT Colorblock Stretch Tennis Tank Top, seen on the model below. The Estonian paired the tank with a mint-colored version of the Lacoste SPORT Breathable Stretch Tennis Skirt.
All pieces feature the neat green crocodile transfer, while the dress and tops include contrast Lacoste lettering at mid-back.
MORE 2020 US OPEN WTA FASHION:
- Andre Agassi’s 1990 fashion makes a return to tennis in new Nike collection
- Sofia Kenin, Karolina Pliskova to debut Fila’s revamped Heritage classics
- Adidas launches new apparel for Angelique Kerber, Garbine Muguruza and others
- New Balance’s neo flame apparel ready to set the US Open on fire
- Venus Williams to sport sparkly EleVen Shine collection
- Ready for return in red: Yonex presents NYC collection
- Outfits for Asics-sponsored Zhang Shuai, Caroline Garcia and Iga Swiatek
- Maria Sharapova’s custom Nike day and night dresses
- Vera Zvonareva to sport Bidi Badu’s Heat of the Night collection
Get women's tennis updates to your inbox.