In the 2021 tennis season, Iga Swiatek added two WTA titles (Adelaide and Rome) to her last year’s groundbreaking Roland Garros triumph. The Pole also reach a career-high ranking of No.4 in September and made her debut at the WTA Finals in November. As the highest-ranked Asics-clad player, the 20-year-old is the sports gear company’s representative for the second straight year in my Fashion Retrospections.
.@iga_swiatek secures her first victory of the season! 👏
— wta (@WTA) February 2, 2021
Iga Swiatek started the season at the Gippsland Trophy in Melbourne, wearing red separates: a racerback tank and wrap skirt.
In Melbourne, Adelaide, Dubai and Miami, Swiatek rocked the light blue Asics Spring Match Dress, a slightly conservative design that features a higher neckline and full-coverage back. Generous mesh panels provide ventilation. American Jennifer Brady wore the same dress en route to the Australian Open final.
In Eastbourne, Swiatek paired this same green pleated skirt with a white long-sleeve top and knee-length leggings.
At the Tokyo Olympics, Swiatek sported a white tank and a red skirt. Her Asics Gel Resolution 8 sneakers were in sunrise red, matching the vibrant skirt.
Two thumbs 🆙👍
— ITF (@ITFTennis) July 24, 2021
At the Western & Southern Open in Cincinnati, Swiatek introduced the Asics Fall Court Graphic Tank featuring a subtle dotted print inspired by the New York City lights.
The peacoat navy tank with keyhole opening on back was paired with the white pleated Asics Fall Match Skirt.
White Asics Resolution 8 footwear with blue and coral accents completed the look.
What is your opinion about Asics tennis outfits? Do you like Iga’s sporty style?
MORE 2021 FASHION RETROSPECTIONS:
- Tennis classics: Karolina Pliskova’s Fila tanks and skirts
- Serena Williams breaks new ground with Nike tennis outfits
- Garbine Muguruza’s Adidas tennis apparel
- All Nike tennis outfits Naomi Osaka wore during the season
- World number one Ashleigh Barty’s Fila tennis shoes and apparel
- Aryna Sabalenka in Nike tennis apparel
- Anett Kontaveit‘s Lacoste style: White pleated skirts, colorblocks and stripes
- Venus Williams’ versatile EleVen dresses