We’ve already presented Adidas‘ latest tennis collection created in cooperation with South African designer Thebe Magugu and now we can see the Adidas New York Dress on two-time Grand Slam champion Garbine Muguruza. We expect the Spaniard to wear this outfit at the upcoming US Open.
The promo photo shows the former world No.1 Muguruza in the carbon version of the Adidas New York Dress, a Y-back design featuring an abstract graphic of a woman dancing. This 2-in-1 piece that comes with separate ball shorts also exists in lilac with orange, yellow, brown and black splashes.
Muguruza’s dress is among rare dark-colored items in the overall vibrant and expressive collection that celebrates the African designer’s heritage, culture, and community.
Making top-performance apparel with recycled materials, Adidas puts plastic waste to good use and creates super-soft outfits that steal the show at the most prestigious tennis tournaments. This dress contains at least 60% recycled content and includes AEROREADY technology which means that it has moisture-wicking properties.
This first of two drops with Thebe Magugu spans across sports, so besides tennis we have apparel for running, swimming, training, football, and cycling, as well as casual lifestyle garments. Focusing on inclusivity, Thebe’s collection also offers modesty swimwear, XL to 4XL sizing, and gender-neutral pieces.
Shop the Adidas New York 2022 collection at Tennis Warehouse.
MORE US OPEN 2022 WOMEN’S TENNIS FASHION:
- Adidas x Thebe Magugu tennis collection for New York
- Nike New York 2022 tennis collection
- Shelby Rogers, Karolina Pliskova to debut Fila by Brandon Maxwell in New York
- Jessica Pegula, Daria Kasatkina present Adidas gender-neutral outfits
- Barbora Krejcikova to wear Fila Heritage collection
- Coco Gauff’s tennis shoes: Unisex New Balance model
- Asics Fall collection for Iga Swiatek