The second round of the 2016 French Open wrapped up in Paris on Thursday, featuring a highly-dramatic evening match between Alize Cornet and Tatjana Maria. Other players in action included Ana Ivanovic, world number one Serena Williams, Eugenie Bouchard, Timea Bacsinszky, Madison Keys, and others.
MORE WTA GALLERIES FROM ROLAND GARROS 2016:
- First half of second-round action on Wednesday + Williams sisters doubles
- Drama-filled Tuesday with Kerber’s upset and Azarenka’s retirement
- Round 1 continues on Monday
- A very rainy Sunday in Paris
- Kids Day Saturday
- Final stage of qualifying, draw ceremony, practice sessions
- Glamorous players’ party at Petit Palais, second round of qualifying and practice sesssions
- Day 2 of WTA qualifying + Victoria Azarenka’s and Simona Halep’s practice session
- Day 1 of WTA qualifying + practices of Azarenka and Gavrilova
Tatjana Maria will be taking legal action apparently.
Sru, yeah, I’ve heard that. And I heard that they continued the fight tomorrow, as they also faced each other in doubles.
Marija, any details on what happened during their doubles match?? I do hope Tatjana will sue. More drama for us
and more strict implementation of rules in future without any bias in tennis