Wednesday at the Qatar Total Open featured the remaining second-round matches, including the opener of Simona Halep, who debuted her cooperation with Nike, unfortunately wearing what too many Nike tennis stars are wearing — the NikeCourt Zonal Cooling Top and NikeCourt Dri-Fit Ace Shorts. The Romanian’s performance was a confident 6-3 6-0 victory over Ekaterina Makarova.
Besides photos of Simona in her new attire, our photographer Jimmie48 is bringing us coverage of world No.1 Caroline Wozniacki ending the great run of qualifier Carina Witthoeft 6-2 6-0, as well as of Karolina Pliskova‘s, Petra Kvitova‘s, Angelique Kerber‘s, Julia Goerges‘ and Elina Svitolina‘s progresses into the tournament’s third round. Enjoy!
MORE QATAR TOTAL OPEN 2018 PHOTOS:
- Tuesday: First round action completes, Muguruza & Garcia move into third round
- Monday: Sharapova falls to Niculescu in the first round, Radwanska progresses
- Sunday: Qualifying complete, Wozniacki & Svitolina play tennis at equestrian club
- Saturday: Draw ceremony, Sharapova & kids, player practices
- Friday: Radwanska, Cibulkova, Vesnina, Vekic and others take the practice court