Tuesday at Roland Garros was marked by a premature exit of seventh seed Johanna Konta, who dominated the first set but eventually fell to Taiwanese world No.109 Hsieh Su-wei, and straight-set wins of fifth seed Elina Svitolina and third seed Simona Halep. Despite impressive career justified by her No.8 ranking, Great Britain’s Konta has never won a main-draw match at the French Open, having suffered three successive first-round losses. Our photographer Jimmie48 covered all that and much more in photos. Enjoy!
MORE WTA PHOTOS FROM ROLAND GARROS 2017:
- Monday: Muguruza’s good start of title defense, Mladenovic and Wozniacki battle through
- Sunday: Main-draw action Day 1 — Kerber historic loss, Kvitova’s spectacular return
- Friday: Final round of qualifying + Kvitova’s comeback announcement
- Thursday: Petra Kvitova’s practice + second round of qualifying
- Wednesday: Roland Garros qualifying Day 3 + injured players Bouchard, Halep & Wozniacki practice
- Tuesday: First day of women’s qualifying + Evian event with Madison Keys and Maria Sharapova
Emman Damian, Alize would look great in everything, but I really loved her cooperation with Le Coq Sportif.
Alize Lim looks great on Diadora. I didn’t Jo Konta to lose early in RG17!
Yes I agree but she was a really good endorser for Le Coq Sportif. I wish she’ll get more exposure in other tour events.
Don’t lose the hope you are great player