Thursday at the China Open featured the remainder of the third-round action that had kicked off on Wednesday, completing the Premier Mandatory tournament’s quarterfinal field.
Wednesday’s winners Simona Halep, seeded second, and Daria Kasatkina were today joined by Barbora Strycova, third seed Elina Svitolina, Caroline Garcia, ninth seed Jelena Ostapenko and most notably seed No.12 Petra Kvitova, who won the day’s blockbuster against fifth-seeded Caroline Wozniacki, and Sorana Cirstea, the conqueror of fourth seed Karolina Pliskova.
MORE CHINA OPEN 2017 PHOTOS:
- Wednesday: Halep FINALLY beats Sharapova, Kasatkina ends Radwanska’s title defense
- Tuesday: Sharapova & Halep set up a rematch, Pliskova & Radwanska progress
- Monday: Muguruza retires, Kerber & Stephens eliminated
- Sunday: Radwanska, Svitolina, Pliskova, Wozniacki advance to the second round
- Saturday: Sharapova wins first-round thriller against Sevastova
Get women's tennis updates to your inbox.