In Sunday’s singles final of the Porsche Tennis Grand Prix in Stuttgart, Karolina Pliskova claimed her 10th WTA title and first this season with a 7-6(2) 6-4 victory over Coco Vandeweghe. The Czech fired 11 aces against the American, adding to 41 aces she hit en route to the final. Funny fact is that Pliskova won a brand new Porsche, but she can’t drive it yet, because she doesn’t have a driver’s license.
Besides her excellent performance in Stuttgart, Pliskova looked stunning in her revamped retro separates, the Fila Spring Pia Sleeveless Polo and Fila Saffira Skirt.
In doubles, fourth seeds Raquel Atawo and Anna-Lena Groenefeld defeated Nicole Melichar and Kveta Peschke 6-4 6-7(5) 10-5.
MORE PHOTOS FROM THE 2018 PORSCHE TENNIS GRAND PRIX:
- Saturday: Vandeweghe beats Garcia, Pliskova dispatches Kontaveit in the semifinals
- Friday: Vandeweghe, Garcia, Kontaveit, Pliskova win their quarterfinals
- Thursday: Second-round action
- Wednesday: Halep reaches quarterfinals, Kerber beats Kvitova in the first round
- Tuesday: Siegemund kicks off title defense, Garcia beats Sharapova
- Monday: Players’ Night, Porsche Parking Challenge, completion of qualifying, start of main-draw action