Second-round match from the top half of the women’s draw played out at the US Open on Wednesday.
Major news is that Day 3 defined two third-round blockbusters, the all-Williams match and Sloane Stephens vs. Victoria Azarenka. Also, Garbine Muguruza, who switched from her Adidas Fall Barricade Shorts to a black skirt from the new collection, fell to world No.202 Karolina Muchova.
Our Jimmie48 covered the victories of the Williams sisters (including Serena’s husband Alexis Ohanian), as well as those of Sloane Stephens, Victoria Azarenka, Elina Svitolina, Ekaterina Makarova, Karolina Pliskova, Rebecca Peterson, Kaia Kanepi, and Sofia Kenin. Moreover, we have pics of Alize Cornet’s press conference, when the Frenchwoman discussed her code violation for taking her shirt off.
MORE US OPEN 2018 PHOTOS:
- Tuesday, August 28th: Wozniacki, Keys, Kerber, Kvitova, Sharapova advance to second round on scorching hot day
- Monday, August 27th: Main-draw play kicks off with Stephens & the Williams sisters wins, No.1 Halep upset
- Sunday, August 26th: Cibulkova, Sharapova, Keys, Kvitova practice
- Saturday, August 25th: Arthur Ashe Kids’ Day with Kerber, Keys, Williams
- Friday, August 24th: Final round of WTA qualifying + Media Day
- Wednesday, August 22nd: First round of qualifying completes + Sharapova, Svitolina focus on practice
- Tuesday, August 21st: First round of qualifying + Kerber, Wozniacki, Keys practice sessions
Subscribe to our Newsletter!
Get weekly women's tennis updates to your inbox for free.