International Women’s Day at the BNP Paribas Open was highlighted by the Serena Williams vs. Victoria Azarenka second-round blockbuster and our Jimmie48 attended the clash from start to finish, bringing us many wonderful photos, including the American’s fierce celebration on match point and the players’ friendly net exchange at the end of the match.
Besides the epic clash, our photographer made it to most of the second-round matches on Friday, including Simona Halep‘s victory over Barbora Strycova (notice the Czech’s Barbie-inspired Sergio Tacchini dress), Garbine Muguruza‘s straight-setter against Lauren Davis, Elina Svitolina‘s late thriller against Sofia Kenin, and Daria Kasatkina‘s exit at the hands of Marketa Vondrousova. All this and more is in our gallery below!
MORE 2019 BNP PARIBAS OPEN PHOTOS:
- Thursday: Doubles spirit lights up a windy day
- Wednesday: All-Access Hour + Azarenka, Gavrilova win openers
- Tuesday: Gavrilova celebrates birthday, Vekic, Anisimova, Kvitova, Goerges practice
- Monday: Williams sisters, Halep, Kasatkina practice
- Naomi Osaka practices with new coach Jermaine Jenkins
Get women's tennis updates to your inbox.