The 2017 Apia International Sydney is quickly moving towards its exciting conclusion. The last tournament before the Australian Open completed its semifinal stage on Thursday and the last two women standing are Agnieszka Radwanska and Johanna Konta.
The first player to punch her ticket for the tournament’s final match was Poland’s Agniezska Radwanska. The 2013 Sydney champion beat Barbora Strycova in straight sets, as the Czech player visibly struggled with her more than four and a half hours of court time between singles and doubles yesterday.
Radwanska will next face Great Britain’s Johanna Konta, the Sydney-born world #10 who swept by crowd favorite Eugenie Bouchard to set up her first final of the young 2017 season.
MORE PHOTOS FROM THE 2017 APIA INTERNATIONAL SYDNEY:
- Wednesday: WTA quarterfinalists survive scorching heat
- Tuesday: Daria Kasatkina upsets world No.1 Angelique Kerber
- Monday: Completion of first-round matches
- Sunday: Main-draw play kicks off, injuries plague the tournament
- Saturday: Second-round of qualifying completes + player practices
- Friday: The start of qualifying action + player practices
Is anyone else incredibly annoyed that BEIN Sports does not seem to be showing this final live?
Look for big things from Ms. Konta this year.
Great photos! Love Jo Konta’s emotions!