On Day 5, Roland Garros said goodbye to seed No.12 Madison Keys, as the American started to feel pain in her surgically-repaired left wrist towards the end of the first set of her second-round match against world No.290 Petra Martic and by the time the encounter got to the third set, the injury was too painful for Keys to handle it and the Croat won 3-6 6-3 6-1. Second seed Karolina Pliskova, third seed Simona Halep and ninth seed Agnieszka Radwanska all advanced, while the Pole attracted attention with her bold Lotto Camoflower Dress. My favorite Thursday photos, though, are those from the match between Alize Cornet and Barbora Strycova, which the emotional Frenchwoman won 6-4 6-1. Enjoy my photographer Jimmie48‘s Day 5 gallery!
MORE WTA PHOTOS FROM ROLAND GARROS 2017:
- Wednesday: Ons Jabeur’s historic triumph, Kvitova’s loss and more
- Tuesday: Konta suffers R1 loss, Halep & Svitolina advance
- Monday: Muguruza’s good start of title defense, Mladenovic and Wozniacki battle through
- Sunday: Main-draw action Day 1 — Kerber historic loss, Kvitova’s spectacular return
- Friday: Final round of qualifying + Kvitova’s comeback announcement
- Thursday: Petra Kvitova’s practice + second round of qualifying
- Wednesday: Roland Garros qualifying Day 3 + injured players Bouchard, Halep & Wozniacki practice
- Tuesday: First day of women’s qualifying + Evian event with Madison Keys and Maria Sharapova
Emman Damian, Alize’s dress is superb. Another absolute hit from Lacoste, even though they haven’t introduced practically anything new. I really like the drop-waisted pleated skirt.
I love Aga’s dress as well. I wouldn’t necessarily wear it, but I like seeing risky dresses at Grand Slams.
I love Alize’s Lacoste dress. How about you Marija?
PS: Aga’s dress doesn’t look that bad at all. Not really my type though.
I agree with your points. I hope Lacoste also introduce brighter colors for a change. Maybe yellow or pink for more feminine touch.
very nice play.i love your game