Every off-season is time for my Fashion Retrospections, but also for releases of outfits that will kick off a new tennis year. A few weeks ago we saw Serena Williams in a new pink Nike dress that may be her choice for the Australian Open and now a member of the Tennis Forum shared images of several 2019 collections of Venus Williams‘ brand EleVen.
It is possible that Venus’ Australian Open dress will be this one with printed blocks at chest and waist. It’s from the collection called Caracas and the dress is called Diva.
Apparently also belonging to the Caracas collection are this cute white skirt and tank with double spaghetti straps — perfect for Wimbledon.
Above is the Lattice Dress, I’m not sure which collection it belongs to.
This wrap short sleeve top and flutter skirt are from the Ikat collection, supposedly ready for Indian Wells. EleVen describes it as “spunky sophistication” that “incorporates a strong print in two spunky colors — admiral and dove grey”.
“She are the champions” is a slogan for the Isola collection that Venus is supposed to wear in Miami. The Isola clothes combine power-lace with performance fabrics for support and flexibility.
This Vision Tank and Flutter Skirt also seem to belong to the Isola group.
Leopard print is awaiting Venus’ claycourt season. Off the top of my head, I don’t remember that Venus has ever worn an animal print, has she? Serena first comes to mind with her US Open 2014 dresses. Venus has introduced dozens of prints — floral, geometric, abstract, diamond, tribal, and many more — but never leopard, which is hard to believe.
I’ve been closely following Venus Williams’ EleVen fashion for ten years now and here you can see all my detailed overviews:
- 2017: Graphics, florals, diamonds, geometric shapes: All Venus Williams’ EleVen collections
- 2016: New tournament, new print — Venus Williams’ prolific EleVen fashion
- 2015: Ola, Ndebele, Fleur De Monde and Kaleidoscope prints mark the season
- 2014: Tennis style overview: How Venus Williams made her mark on sports fashion with her EleVen brand
- 2013: Venus Williams works tennis fashion to remember with EleVen
- 2012: Roses, geometric and art prints in Venus Williams’ EleVen
- 2011: Shocking EleVen dresses and wardrobe malfunctions
- 2010: Fashion focus — Venus Williams wearing EleVen clothes
- 2009: Venus Williams and her EleVen line throughout the season
- 2008: All Venus Williams’ EleVen outfits