All four quarterfinals were on Saturday’s schedule at the Internazionali BNL d’Italia and the last four women standing in Rome are Simona Halep, Garbine Muguruza, Marketa Vondrousova and Karolina Pliskova.
The first to book her spot in the semis was Simona Halep, who spent a very short time on the court as her opponent Yulia Putintseva retired injured. Halep will next play Garbine Muguruza, who fought past resurgent Victoria Azarenka.
Our photographer Jimmie48 attended all these singles matches, as well as the doubles semifinal victory of Anna-Lena Friedsam and Raluca Olaru over Shuko Aoyama and Ena Shibahara. Enjoy his photo gallery!
MORE PHOTOS FROM THE 2020 INTERNAZIONALI BNL D’ITALIA:
- Friday: Third-round matches
- Thursday: Kenin, Bertens, Martic, Kontaveit out in the second round
- Wednesday: Halep, Pliskova, Svitolina advance to third round
- Tuesday: Kerber out, Muguruza and Gauff advance
- Monday: First-round action kicks off, US Open finalist Victoria Azarenka arrives in Rome
- Getting ready for the tournament
Subscribe to our Newsletter!
Get weekly women's tennis updates to your inbox for free.