Weather problems continue to plague the 2016 French Open as ongoing rain on Tuesday allowed only little progress in Paris.
While all four women’s afternoon matches were cancelled, the tournament at least managed to finish Agnieszka Radwanska vs. Tsvetana Pironkova and Simona Halep vs. Samantha Stosur, the fourth-round matches that had started back on Sunday. Favorites Aga and Simona made an exit from the Grand Slam under quite questionable conditions, as most of the day’s play was held in light rain. Our gallery below will give you a good idea about how the day in Paris looked.
PREVIOUS DAYS AT ROLAND GARROS 2016 IN PHOTOS:
- Rain-shortened Sunday in Paris, including the Cindarella progress of Shelby Rogers
- The rest of Round 3 action, including Serena Williams’ victory over Kiki Mladenovic
- Spectacular Round 3 action
- Second round wraps up on Thursday
- First half of second-round action on Wednesday + Williams sisters doubles
- Drama-filled Tuesday with Kerber’s upset and Azarenka’s retirement
- Round 1 continues on Monday
- A very rainy Sunday in Paris
- Kids Day Saturday
- Final stage of qualifying, draw ceremony, practice sessions
- Glamorous players’ party at Petit Palais, second round of qualifying and practice sesssions
- Day 2 of WTA qualifying + Victoria Azarenka’s and Simona Halep’s practice session
- Day 1 of WTA qualifying + practices of Azarenka and Gavrilova