After two largely rained-out days, Wednesday at the 2016 French Open was all about returning to business, as the six scheduled women’s matches were completed.
In the morning, the second part of the tournament’s fourth round finished with Serena Williams punching her quarterfinal ticket. In the evening, two of the four quarterfinals were played, with Sam Stosur and Garbine Muguruza becoming the first two players to make the tournament’s semifinal stage.
PREVIOUS DAYS AT ROLAND GARROS 2016 IN PHOTOS:
- The controversial rain-affected exists of Radwanska and Halep
- Rain-shortened Sunday in Paris, including the Cindarella progress of Shelby Rogers
- The rest of Round 3 action, including Serena Williams’ victory over Kiki Mladenovic
- Spectacular Round 3 action
- Second round wraps up on Thursday
- First half of second-round action on Wednesday + Williams sisters doubles
- Drama-filled Tuesday with Kerber’s upset and Azarenka’s retirement
- Round 1 continues on Monday
- A very rainy Sunday in Paris
- Kids Day Saturday
- Final stage of qualifying, draw ceremony, practice sessions
- Glamorous players’ party at Petit Palais, second round of qualifying and practice sesssions
- Day 2 of WTA qualifying + Victoria Azarenka’s and Simona Halep’s practice session
Subscribe to our Newsletter!
Get weekly women's tennis updates to your inbox for free.