Stella McCartney loves her holes so much that four rows of laser cut hexagons of her Adidas Summer Stella McCartney Tour Skirt have evolved into ten rows in the Wimbledon 2016 collection. But that’s not all there is to the new clothes, so let’s have a closer look.
The Adidas Fall Stella Barricade Primeknit Dress, to be worn by Caroline Wozniacki, features scoop back and engineered mesh fabric in zones that require superior breathability. We’ve had all types of racerbacks and back keyhole cutouts in women’s tennis fashion recently, so the introduction of a scoop back design is a big refreshment, isn’t it?
Just like other Adidas clothes prepared for London, this dress focuses on comfort in the hottest conditions, being equipped with Climacool moisture management, ventilation channels and 3D fabrics to keep you dry.
The dress comes with a matching compression short.
Bottoms in this collection are all about these little holes that bring added breathability while making design visually interesting. The Adidas Fall Stella McCartney Skirt and the Adidas Fall Stella McCartney Short both have exposed waistband and just like other items in the London group they feature performance-enhancing Climacool technology.
When it comes to tops, the Adidas Stella McCartney Core Tank features mesh inset at upper back, the Primeknit Top has engineered mesh ventilation channels all over, while the 3/4 Sleeve Top includes mesh at chest, shoulders and sleeves.
The two-piece look is expected to be headlined by Garbine Muguruza at Wimbledon 2016.
My favorite element in this collection is the scoop back of Wozniacki’s dress. All the engineered mesh features also look good, while the abundance of circular holes only contributes to the fashion-forward designs. What’s your take on Stella’s clothes for Wimbledon?
MORE WIMBLEDON 2016 WOMEN’S TENNIS FASHIONS:
- Oh yes, Maria Sharapova has a dress ready for London, just in case! The Nike Premier Wimbledon Maria SW19 Dress
- Serena Williams‘ high-neck, layery Nike dress + Eugenie Bouchard‘s baby doll look
- Angelique Kerber shows the technologically-advanced Adidas whites
- Venus Williams‘ clean EleVen style for Wimbledon
- Agnieszka Radwanska‘s Lotto Nixia dress + Stratosphere W tennis shoes
- Heather Watson presents the white version of her New Balance Tournament Dress
- Jelena Jankovic‘s Trophee collection + Lawn collection for other Fila‘s athletes
- A detailed look at Lacoste‘s clothes for Dominika Cibulkova, Elena Vesnina and Christina McHale
The Stella designs are becoming very repetitive, they’re all nice but nothing extraordinary