With the start of main-draw play at the 2017 US Open less than 24 hours away, Sunday at the Billie Jean King National Tennis Center was one last day of calm as players prepared to start their last Grand Slam of the season. Our photographer Jimmie48 caught up with Maria Sharapova, Angelique Kerber, Karolina Pliskova, Simona Halep, Ajla Tomljanovic, Sorana Cirstea, Monica Puig, Agnieszka Radwanska, Elina Svitolina, Svetlana Kuznetsova, and Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova.
MORE US OPEN 2017 PHOTOS:
- Saturday, August 26th: Kerber & Muguruza meet Pharrell Williams; Arthur Ashe Kids’ Day; Kvitova, Sharapova, Bouchard, Pliskova practice
- Friday, August 25th: Kerber leads the draw ceremony, third round of WTA qualifying unfolds
- Thursday, August 24th: Qualifying Day 3 + Sharapova, Keys Evian event
- Wednesday, August 23rd: Qualifying + Maria Sharapova, Angelique Kerber, Julia Goerges practice
- Tuesday, August 22nd: WTA qualifying action + Keys, Svitolina practice sessions
So happy to see Alja won her 1R match.
Nadal is my most favorite player and i think he will win this championship match.