On Wednesday, world No.1 Simona Halep kicked off her Roland Garros campaign by vigorously bouncing back from losing the first set 2-6 against Alison Riske and our photographer Jimmie48 was right there to witness the world No.1’s successful start, as well as the second-round victories of Elina Svitolina, Petra Kvitova, Daria Kasatkina, Maria Sakkari, and Madison Keys, all wearing the blue Nike Summer Zonal Cool Slam Tank and Nike Summer Zonal Cool Smash Skirt.
I’m so glad we also have more photos of Serena Williams‘ epic bodysuit and Venus‘ EleVen Sprint collection, as the sisters teamed up for doubles action on Day 4. Our photographer also attended Svetlana Kuznetsova‘s and Lucie Safarova‘s first-round doubles victory over Belinda Bencic and Marketa Vondrousova on Court 9 and he witnessed yet another defeat of defending singles champion Jelena Ostapenko, as the Latvian followed up her first-round loss in singles with a first-round loss in doubles alongside Elena Vesnina.
MORE ROLAND GARROS 2018 PHOTOS:
- Tuesday, May 29th: Serena, Sharapova, Muguruza advance
- Monday, May 28th: Petkovic upsets Mladenovic, Wozniacki through to second round
- Sunday, May 27th: Venus & defending champ Ostapenko upset, Svitolina survives scare
- Saturday, May 26th: Kids’ Day with Victoria Azarenka, Simona Halep, Elina Svitolina + practice pics
- Friday, May 25th: Sharapova & Vesnina hit together in Paris + practice sessions of Kerber, Wozniacki, Azarenka, Pliskova, Kvitova
- Thursday, May 24th: Draw ceremony, former champ Schiavone progresses in qualifying, elite players practice
- Wednesday, May 23rd: Bouchard fails to qualify, Serena, Halep, Muguruza, Sharapova practice
- Tuesday, May 22nd: Azarenka, Keys, Kerber practice at Roland Garros, first round of qualifying kicks off
Subscribe to our Newsletter!
Get weekly women's tennis updates to your inbox for free.