Top seeds Barbora Strycova of the Czech Republic and Hsieh Su-Wei of Chinese Taipei claimed their fourth title of the season at the Internazionali BNL d’Italia with a 6-2 6-2 win over Anna-Lena Friedsam of Germany and Raluca Olaru of Romania. The doubles team now boasts a 21-1 win-loss record in 2020, as they’ve also won titles in Brisbane, Dubai, and Doha prior to the coronavirus hiatus.
In singles, Romania’s Simona Halep advanced to the final with a three-set victory over fellow Roland Garros winner Garbine Muguruza of Spain, while defending champion Karolina Pliskova joined her later on Sunday with a confident win over fellow Czech Marketa Vondrousova.
The lens of our photographer Jimmie48 closely followed everything that was happening in Rome on Sunday. Enjoy his photo gallery!
MORE PHOTOS FROM THE 2020 INTERNAZIONALI BNL D’ITALIA:
- Saturday: Halep, Muguruza, Vondrousova, Pliskova reach semifinals
- Friday: Third-round matches
- Thursday: Kenin, Bertens, Martic, Kontaveit out in the second round
- Wednesday: Halep, Pliskova, Svitolina advance to third round
- Tuesday: Kerber out, Muguruza and Gauff advance
- Monday: First-round action kicks off, US Open finalist Victoria Azarenka arrives in Rome
- Getting ready for the tournament
Probably best doubles team since Hingis/Mirza combo.
But why do they always lose against Mladenovic/Babos?