Adidas has launched two collections for the 2021 Australian Open. After PRIMEBLUE X HEAT.RDY to be worn by Angelique Kerber, Garbine Muguruza and Maria Sakkari, the sportswear manufacturer is revealing the Parley collection to be debuted by Kristina Mladenovic.
Adidas and Parley have again joined forces in the fight to end plastic waste and protect the world’s oceans. The new eco-friendly tennis collection is made with Parley Ocean Plastic – upcycled plastic waste which has been intercepted from remote islands, beaches, coastal communities and shorelines, preventing it from polluting the ocean.
This time the focus is on the Grand Barrier Reef, the largest living organism on the planet facing threat from coastal waste. A bold, data-driven graphic map of the Great Barrier Reef is featured on the key outfits, such as Mladenovic’s Y-Tank. The goal is to raise audience awareness, drive conversation, and action around this precious ecosystem in urgent need of protection from marine plastic pollution.
The tank pairs with the Match Skirt, a flared design featuring a wide elastic waistband. The integrated inner shorts provide extra coverage whilst on the move.
In addition to the sustainable apparel pieces, the Parley capsule offers high-tech footwear silhouettes. The ladies’ Adizero Ubersonic 4 includes Lightstrike in the midsole, providing super-light cushioning for fast pace movements without compromising direct court feel. A woven mesh upper provides stability and support for lateral movements and changes of direction, and is layered on top of a breathable, comfortable knitted sock construction. For men, Adidas offers the SoleCourt model.
MORE 2021 AUSTRALIAN OPEN FASHION:
- Adidas‘ PRIMEBLUE X HEAT.RDY apparel for Angelique Kerber, Garbine Muguruza, Maria Sakkari
- Nike‘s outfits for Simona Halep, Elina Svitolina and others, inspired by outdoor All Conditions Gear
- Sofia Kenin’s Fila Back Court outfit
- New Balance goes orange for Spring 2021
- Venus Williams presents EleVen mint zebra print from the Forest Star collection
- Jennifer Brady shows new Asics tennis footwear and clothes
- Lacoste launches Spring 2021 tennis dress