Two-time Wimbledon champion Petra Kvitova made a successful debut at the 2017 Bank of the West Classic on Thursday.
Playing in Stanford for the very first time in her career, Kvitova won her second-round match against Kateryna Bondarenko in a convincing fashion, leaving the Ukrainian nothing but two games in each set.
Kvitova’s maiden win at the Bank of the West Classic set up a quarterfinal clash with local girl CiCi Bellis on Friday. Bellis made her way into the final eight by beating qualifier Veronica Cepede Royg from Paraguay.
The last player to get her 2017 Bank of the West Classic campaign underway was Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova. The Russian #3 seed won her second-round match against American Alison Riske.
MORE PHOTOS FROM THE 2017 BANK OF THE WEST CLASSIC:
- Wednesday: Muguruza wins first match since Wimbledon triumph
- Tuesday: CiCi Bellis makes winning start
- Monday: Kvitova’s practice and All-Access Hour, Sharapova’s first-round victory
- Sunday: Qualifying stage completes + trainings of Sharapova, Muguruza, Keys
- Saturday: Qualifying action + Sharapova, Muguruza, Keys practice sessions
Subscribe to our Newsletter!
Get weekly women's tennis updates to your inbox for free.