Coco Vandeweghe and Madison Keys have emerged as the last two players in the packed Stanford draw, so fans at the 2017 Bank of the West Classic can look forward to an all-American final this year.
Vandeweghe made her way into the title match without dropping a single set, beating American youngster CiCi Bellis 6-3 6-1 on Saturday. Keys has reached her first final since undergoing two wrist surgeries earlier this year, stunning Wimbledon champion Garbine Muguruza 6-3 6-2.
The final will be the first meeting between the players, while the champion’s trophy will be the first hardcourt title for the winner. Both players have won two grasscourt titles: Keys won Birmingham and Eastbourne, while Vandeweghe was victorious in ‘s-Hertogenbosch twice.
MORE PHOTOS FROM THE 2017 BANK OF THE WEST CLASSIC:
- Friday: CiCi Bellis eliminates Petra Kvitova
- Thursday: Kvitova makes winning Stanford debut
- Wednesday: Muguruza wins first match since Wimbledon triumph
- Tuesday: CiCi Bellis makes winning start
- Monday: Kvitova’s practice and All-Access Hour, Sharapova’s first-round victory
- Sunday: Qualifying stage completes + trainings of Sharapova, Muguruza, Keys
- Saturday: Qualifying action + Sharapova, Muguruza, Keys practice sessions
Get women's tennis updates to your inbox.