Third-round action kicked off on Friday and our Jimmie48 continued his busy US Open coverage. The highlight of the day was the 30th career meeting between the Williams sisters and the progress of reigning champion Sloane Stephens. Karolina Pliskova, Elina Svitolina, Kaia Kanepi, Ashleigh Barty, Anastasija Sevastova, and Elise Mertens also advanced to the fourth round and our Jimmie48 is bringing us photos from their matches.
MORE US OPEN 2018 PHOTOS:
- Thursday, August 30th: Wozniacki & Kasatkina out, Sharapova moves into third round
- Wednesday, August 29th: Top half second-round matches — Venus, Serena, Stephens, Azarenka, Svitolina victorious
- Tuesday, August 28th: Wozniacki, Keys, Kerber, Kvitova, Sharapova advance to second round on scorching hot day
- Monday, August 27th: Main-draw play kicks off with Stephens & the Williams sisters wins, No.1 Halep upset
- Sunday, August 26th: Cibulkova, Sharapova, Keys, Kvitova practice
- Saturday, August 25th: Arthur Ashe Kids’ Day with Kerber, Keys, Williams
- Friday, August 24th: Final round of WTA qualifying + Media Day
- Wednesday, August 22nd: First round of qualifying completes + Sharapova, Svitolina focus on practice
- Tuesday, August 21st: First round of qualifying + Kerber, Wozniacki, Keys practice sessions
Subscribe to our Newsletter!
Get weekly women's tennis updates to your inbox for free.