After second seed Naomi Osaka and Lesia Tsurenko made the Brisbane Open semifinals on Thursday, Donna Vekic and fifth seed Karolina Pliskova joined them in the final four on Friday.
The world No.34 Vekic lost just two games while completing a victory over Aliaksandra Sasnovich in 56 minutes. The Croat’s semifinal opponent will be the eighth-ranked Pliskova who beat Ajla Tomljanovic in a topsy-turvy three-setter, 6-1 1-6 6-1.
Our photographer Jimmie48 attended both singles quarterfinals on Friday, as well as both doubles semifinals: Nicole Melichar‘s & Kveta Peschke‘s win over Barbora Krejcikova & Katerina Siniakova and Chan Hao-Ching‘s & Latisha Chan‘s triumph over Garbiela Dabrowski & Xu Yifan.
MORE 2019 BRISBANE INTERNATIONAL PHOTOS:
- Thursday: Naomi makes semifinals, coach Sascha gets award
- Wednesday: Kvitova, Svitolina, Bertens fall as quarterfinals are set
- Tuesday: Konta upsets Stephens in the first round
- Monday: Main-draw action kicks off on New Year’s Eve
- Sunday: Final round of qualifying + Kids Day
- Saturday: Kvitova, Stephens, Stosur get glamorous, others practice & battle in qualifying
- Friday: Leisure & qualifying, opening of the 2019 season