After Sunday’s third-round action in the bottom half of the BNP Paribas Open draw, the round of 16 completed on Monday as eight WTA players from the top half won their third-round matches.
Top seed Naomi Osaka defeated seed No.25 Danielle Collins 6-4 6-2 (here’s our detailed report about that match) and will next face Belinda Bencic, who dispatched Ekaterina Alexandrova with the same scoreline.
Besides Collins, three other seeded players got eliminated from the draw on Monday: No.11 Anastasija Sevastova retired trailing 5-0 in the first set against No.21 Anett Kontaveit, No.15 Julia Goerges fell to Mona Barthel, and No.24 Lesia Tsurenko was conquered by a higher seeded player, No.9 Aryna Sabalenka.
Our photographer Jimmie48 attended all these and more matches on another busy day at Indian Wells. Enjoy his gallery!
MORE 2019 BNP PARIBAS OPEN PHOTOS:
- Sunday: Third-round matches in the bottom half of the draw
- Saturday: Second round wraps up
- Friday: Serena beats Azarenka, Halep & Svitolina advance
- Thursday: Doubles spirit lights up a windy day
- Wednesday: All-Access Hour + Azarenka, Gavrilova win openers
- Tuesday: Gavrilova celebrates birthday, Vekic, Anisimova, Kvitova, Goerges practice
- Monday: Williams sisters, Halep, Kasatkina practice
- Naomi Osaka practices with new coach Jermaine Jenkins