Laura Robson was actually the first player whose US Open apparel Nike showcased this August and the Brit was the first WTA star in the brand’s campaign for the final Grand Slam of the season. Having already shown you the dresses prepared for Serena Williams and Maria Sharapova (who has just issued a statement that she’s withdrawing from the tournament!), I’d like to look into Nike’s separates now, as worn by Laura Robson and Eugenie Bouchard.
Robson’s new kit includes the Nike Fall Slam Breathe Tank that can be paired with the Nike Fall Victory Breathe Skirt. The tank is focused on keeping the body cool as its perforated material has a super lightweight and breathable feel. The item is available in two shades of red (ember glow and university red), as well as in black, white and emerald.
Eugenie Bouchard’s outfit is similar, but in includes two colors and a print at back. The Canadian will wear the Nike Fall Slam Printed Breathe Tank, in combination of black and hot lava, which is one of four available options, and it can be paired with the black Nike Fall Victory Breathe Skirt.
Both Robson’s and Bouchard’s clothes are part of the NikeCourt Team group, so it seems that Bouchard is no longer wearing Maria Sharapova’s Nike apparel. Does anyone have more info on this?
If she were in the Sharapova camp this US Open, Bouchard would probably wear the strappy Nike Fall Premier Maria Tank and the coordinating Nike Fall Premier Maria Skirt.
OTHER WTA FASHIONS FOR NEW YORK
- Venus Williams chooses kaleidoscope print for her EleVen dress
- Maria Sharapova‘s black and white Nike dress
- Serena Williams‘ black Nike night dress with front animal print, part of the Greatness Collection
- Ana Ivanovic‘s handprinted Adidas dress
- Caroline Wozniacki‘s neutral-toned color-blocks by Stella McCartney
- Julia Goerges opts for asymmetry with Fila
- Jelena Jankovic‘s dress from Fila‘s Platinum collection
- New Lacoste looks for Alize Cornet and Timea Bacsinszky
- Heather Watson‘s New Balance clothes for the US Open
- Lotto again goes down the extravagant path with lace for Agnieszka Radwanska
Subscribe to our Newsletter!
Get weekly women's tennis updates to your inbox for free.