Spaghetti straps in tanks and mesh trims at hem in skirts marked New Balance‘s 2016 fashion. This season a more traditionally athletic look is taking over the company’s tanks, while the skirts follow the same silhouette as before. Let’s see what the brand’s representatives Heather Watson and Nicole Gibbs will wear at the 2017 Australian Open.
Great Britain’s Heather Watson will sport the jewel multi version of the Yarra Tank, inspired by the rich history of New England tennis. The design features cute slit openings along armholes, racerback straps and contrast mesh panel at back, while the fabric is such that it offers moisture-wicking support and antimicrobial treatment.
The world No.75’s ultra-lightweight Tournament Skort in firefly comes with printed poly span boy short underneath.
The New Balance ladies will go to Melbourne in the 996v3 shoes, an update to the company’s premium tennis model with the first ever knit, nylon-infused upper; an innovative, form-fitting fabric design that is heat-fused for strength and durability. Another performance-enhancing feature is a newly designed PROBANK that improves lateral stability.
Nicole Gibbs’ promotional images showcase the same kit, only that her Yarra Tank is fusion pink, while her Tournament Skort is white.
Both ladies have already debuted their new clothes. We saw the world No.88 Gibbs in her new apparel at the ASB Classic in Auckland, while Watson presented her new separates at the Hopman Cup in Perth.
The Australian Open outfit unveiling articles on Women’s Tennis Blog have only just begun! So far I’ve shared solely the information I received exclusively from companies themselves, while in the coming period you can expect a lot more outfit releases.
MORE CONFIRMED AUSTRALIAN OPEN 2017 WTA FASHIONS:
- Serena Williams, Genie Bouchard to impress with new Nike black and whites
- Angelique Kerber‘s Adidas outfit inspired by Melbourne’s terrain
- Garbine Muguruza‘s and Caroline Wozniacki‘s Adidas by Stella McCartney Barricade looks
- Agnieszka Radwanska‘s Lotto Nixia III Dress and Stratosphere II shoes
- First look: Venus Williams‘ EleVen Thika collection
- Maria Sharapova has her Nike dress ready, even though she won’t be even near Melbourne
- Fila‘s Heritage & Sleek Streak collections for Jelena Jankovic‘s, Karolina Pliskova‘s and Yaroslava Shvedova‘s Melbourne appearances
Get women's tennis updates to your inbox.