Maria Sharapova is set to make a grand return to competitive tennis on April 26th at the Porsche Tennis Grand Prix in Stuttgart, the tournament she’s won three times in a row, but even though we’ve known for months that the Russian will not play the 2017 Australian Open, Nike created the Spring Maria Premier Dress for Melbourne and we even have a photoshopped image of Masha in it thanks to mistereyfatter.
The design is outstanding, just as other Nike outfits for the season’s first Grand Slam, and what’s better, Maria’s line is completely different from Serena Williams’ and Genie Bouchard’s black and whites.
Sharapova’s Australian Open 2017 dress embraces a minimalist approach with its clean lines and sharp colorblocks, but it doesn’t look cold or strict as light aqua and ghost green bring the necessary softness to the design. A perfect no-frills look!
The dress, which also comes in arctic orange and hyper orange combined with black and white, features a contrast V-neck with bonded zipper, while the back has a thin opening, another subtle detail that makes a huge style impact.
Also available in the first Nike Maria collection of 2017 is this Nike Spring Premier Maria Tank, which I mentioned in my Maria Sharapova 2016 Fashion Retrospection. The top exists in two lighter versions as well.
MORE CONFIRMED AUSTRALIAN OPEN 2017 WTA FASHIONS:
- Serena Williams, Genie Bouchard to impress with new Nike black and whites
- Agnieszka Radwanska‘s Lotto Nixia III Dress and Stratosphere II shoes
- First look: Venus Williams‘ EleVen Thika collection
- New Balance ready for Melbourne: Heather Watson & Nicole Gibbs to wear the Yarra Tank and Tournament Skort
- Angelique Kerber‘s Adidas outfit inspired by Melbourne’s terrain
- Garbine Muguruza‘s and Caroline Wozniacki‘s Adidas by Stella McCartney Barricade looks
- Fila‘s Heritage & Sleek Streak collections for Jelena Jankovic‘s, Karolina Pliskova‘s and Yaroslava Shvedova‘s Melbourne appearances
Subscribe to our Newsletter!
Get weekly women's tennis updates to your inbox for free.