Friday at the 2017 French Open was a peaceful day for seeded players, including Venus Williams, who reached the fourth round with her pregnant sister Serena supporting her from the stands. Defending champion Garbine Muguruza, Kristina Mladenovic, Svetlana Kuznetsova, Sam Stosur and Timea Bacsinszky all won their third-round matches. Only Caroline Wozniacki hasn’t made it to the fourth round yet, as the Dane’s encounter with Catherine Bellis, which will likely go into the third set, has been suspended due to rain and darkness. Our photographer Jimmie48 has everything covered in photos, including some very nice ambiance pics!
MORE WTA PHOTOS FROM ROLAND GARROS 2017:
- Thursday: Qualifier Martic upsets injured Keys
- Wednesday: Ons Jabeur’s historic triumph, Kvitova’s loss and more
- Tuesday: Konta suffers R1 loss, Halep & Svitolina advance
- Monday: Muguruza’s good start of title defense, Mladenovic and Wozniacki battle through
- Sunday: Main-draw action Day 1 — Kerber historic loss, Kvitova’s spectacular return
- Friday: Final round of qualifying + Kvitova’s comeback announcement
- Thursday: Petra Kvitova’s practice + second round of qualifying
- Wednesday: Roland Garros qualifying Day 3 + injured players Bouchard, Halep & Wozniacki practice
- Tuesday: First day of women’s qualifying + Evian event with Madison Keys and Maria Sharapova
Jelena Ostapenko is definitely one to watch. She’s an underdog in this slam and it can prove her stellar season so far.I think she’ll at least reach SFs.