Stella McCartney chose to bring a little black dress to the French Open courts, clothing her leading representatives Caroline Wozniacki and Garbine Muguruza in an athletic Adidas version of the timeless women’s piece of clothing.
The new Adidas Summer Stella McCartney Dress combines a number of Stella’s signature design elements: colorblocks, flared skirt, scuba-style zipper at the front, and of course laser cuts.
Besides mesh insets along the armholes and sides, the fabric’s Climachill technology provides maximum breathability, ensuring ultimate comfort and performance.
Reigning Australian Open champion Wozniacki comments:
My year couldn’t have started better – I’ve won my first Grand Slam and I’ve been training hard to keep up that momentum. I know what it takes to win a Grand Slam and I’m prepared to bring that again to Paris. The Adidas by Stella McCartney little black dress is inspired by a timeless design, one I love and feel confident wearing. I look forward to hitting the courts of Roland Garros and bringing my game.
The slim-fitted design and racerback give the dress a distinctly sporty vibe, while the flared skirt brings an element of femininity. When we add the high-performance features catering to the demands of elite players, the result is a perfect tennis dress, worthy of the iconic clay courts in Paris.
The new range also features the Adidas Summer Stella McCartney Skirt, Adidas Summer Stella McCartney Tank and Adidas Summer Stella McCartney Cap-Sleeve Top.
The skirt stands out with its high-waisted fit and dominant perforations at thick hem.
The tank and especially the cap-sleeve top resemble Stella’s spring 2018 collection.
I’ve been a fan of the way Stella has been fusing athletic and feminine silhouettes and features in recent years. Also, she’s been doing a great job with color-blocks. What’s your impression about the French Open apparel?
MORE ROLAND GARROS 2018 FASHION:
- NikeCourt French Open styles for Serena, Halep, Svitolina and others
- Agnieszka Radwanska‘s Lotto dress: black-and-white batik print & dramatic skirt ruffle
- Fila’s belles pastels for Karolina Pliskova & Ashleigh Barty
- Maria Sharapova‘s lightweight, strappy, solid blue Nike dress
- Adidas‘ flowy pleats & tricolor trims for Jelena Ostapenko, Angelique Kerber, Kristina Mladenovic
- Venus Williams‘ EleVen Sprint collection
- Julia Goerges’ little black Asics dress and Gel Solution Speed 3 shoes
- New Balance‘s printed dress for Sorana Cirstea