Lotto is ready for the 2018 French Open — WTA players sponsored by the Italian company will wear a bold black-and-white Batik collection which stands out with its abstract print and pushes boundaries with extended solid-color ruffles in the back of the Batik Dress and Batik Skirt.
The list of women’s tennis players awaiting to launch this collection is rather long: Agnieszka Radwanska, Elise Mertens, Magdalena Rybarikova, Katerina Siniakova, Lesia Tsurenko, Kristyna Pliskova, Petra Martic, Yanina Wickmayer and Alize Cornet.
The collection’s name comes from the batik print technique, i.e. the art of decorating cloth using wax and dye. Lotto’s tennis clothes are not hand painted, rather, their print is batik-inspired with spray and degrade effects.
The print is contrasted with black sections, most notably a dramatic back ruffle that gives a flutter effect reminiscent of dance dresses. Mesh inserts on the shoulders and back of the Batik Tank and the Batik Top are a modern take on femininity and elegance.
The apparel is made out of poly interlock and mesh, to ensure high breathability and all-round freedom of movement.
I think this is one of Lotto’s best collection’s in recent years! It’s bold enough to attract attention, but it’s not over-the-top and it’s a chic fashion choice for a regular tennis player who is nowhere near glamorous Grand Slam stages. Do you agree?
MORE FRENCH OPEN 2018 FASHION:
- NikeCourt French Open styles for Serena, Halep, Svitolina and others
- Venus Williams’ EleVen Sprint collection
- Fila’s belles pastels for Karolina Pliskova & Ashleigh Barty
- Maria Sharapova‘s lightweight, strappy, solid blue Nike dress
- Adidas by Stella McCartney little black dress for Caroline Wozniacki & Garbine Muguruza
- Adidas‘ flowy pleats & tricolor trims for Jelena Ostapenko, Angelique Kerber, Kristina Mladenovic
- Julia Goerges’ little black Asics dress and Gel Solution Speed 3 shoes
- New Balance’s printed dress for Sorana Cirstea