Photos of Maria Sharapova‘s Nike Summer Maria Dress for the 2018 French Open appeared on Twitter thanks to Nusi and we can see that the Russian will go for a lightweight, strappy, solid blue design.
I’m still not sure what the official name of this shade is, but it looks like blue force, the color of the Nike Summer Power Baseline 5″ Shortie. Do you agree?
The dress has high neckline, empire waist and criss-crossed spaghetti straps at back. Mesh insets at chest and V-shaped back increase breathability and provide texture, adding visual interest to the solid blue dress. The form-fitting bodice extends into a flowy skirt to create a figure-flattering, feminine silhouette.
Because of the color, criss-crossed straps and to a certain extent because of its shape, Maria’s new Roland Garros fashion choice resembles her 2012 dress from Indian Wells. Don’t you think so?
The thing I like the most about the new dress is its shape, because it looks elegant and sporty at the same time. I also think it’s quite interesting to see a solid blue design, as the WTA fashion has been dominated by prints and contrasting accents in recent years.
The way the bra is exposed at back is not perfectly coordinated with the direction of the straps and the sophisticated V shape, so that’s one aspect I’d like to see improved, but overall the dress is adorable.
Maria’s footwear of choice will be the Nike Air Zoom Vapor X.
Tell me your first impressions in the comments below!
MORE ROLAND GARROS 2018 FASHION:
- NikeCourt styles for Serena, Halep, Svitolina and others
- Venus Williams‘ EleVen Sprint collection
- Agnieszka Radwanska‘s Lotto dress: black-and-white batik print & dramatic skirt ruffle
- Fila’s belles pastels for Karolina Pliskova & Ashleigh Barty
- Julia Goerges’ little black Asics dress and Gel Solution Speed 3 shoes
- Adidas by Stella McCartney little black dress for Caroline Wozniacki & Garbine Muguruza
- Adidas‘ flowy pleats & tricolor trims for Jelena Ostapenko, Angelique Kerber, Kristina Mladenovic
- New Balance‘s printed dress for Sorana Cirstea
Subscribe to our Newsletter!
Get weekly women's tennis updates to your inbox for free.