Fila is the first company to officially release new whites for Wimbledon 2018 — Karolina Pliskova, Ashleigh Barty and other Fila-sponsored WTA players will wear the new Championships collection unique for its floral lace overlay embellishments.
The collection’s standout piece is the Fila Championships Dress, designed with corset-like detail and textural stretch-lace overlay offering a graceful silhouette and romantic feel. When it comes to performance, the racerback offers a greater range of motion, you don’t have to think about a bra as it is included in the design, and UPF 50+ sun protection is also there.
The official promo image shows Karolina Pliskova in the Fila Championships Racerback Tank, which boasts a built-in shelf bra and lace at the front and back yoke.
There are three more silhouettes of tops in the collection: the Championships Full Coverage Tank, designed with vertical pleats on the center back panel and lace on the front and back yoke, the Championships Cap-Sleeve Top, featuring a V-neck cut, and the Championships Cami, my favorite, with adjustable spaghetti straps and romantic lace almost all over.
To pair back the tops, the line offers two skirt styles: the Championships Flounce Skirt and the Championships Lace Hem Skirt, which both boast COOLMAX® CORE TECHNOLOGY. The skirts have built-in shorties, the difference being in the extent of floral lace used in the design.
For warm-up, the collection offers the Fila Championships Jacket, a very elegant zipped piece with lace sleeves, hood and kangaroo pockets.
I’m in love with this collection! Especially the dress and its corset-like top! The apparel is sporty and romantic at the same time, just right for Wimbledon! What do you say?
MORE WIMBLEDON 2018 FASHION:
- Garbine Muguruza‘s clothes from Adidas x Palace collaboration
- Adidas by Stella McCartney Wimbledon whites for Caroline Wozniacki
- Simona Halep, Serena Williams, Maria Sharapova, Sloane Stephens & Genie Bouchard lead Team Nike in London
- Maria Sharapova‘s Nike dress with sunburst pleats
- Agnieszka Radwanska’s Lotto Nixia IV Dress
- Venus Williams‘ EleVen Core and Pique styles
- Lacoste look for Dominika Cibulkova, Christina McHale and Kristie Ahn
- Heather Watson‘s New Balance outfits for London
- Julia Goerges, Johanna Konta reveal Asics Wimbledon whites
- Official sponsor Babloat releases Wimbledon collection
It’s difficult to see the detail in the pictures but it looks nice.
CLT, the promo image isn’t sharp enough, but in these Tennis Warehouse pics you can see that the lace is floral and you can see that corset-like feature in the dress.