Thanks to Nusi’s Twitter I learned that Nike store UK has released what will most probably be Maria Sharapova‘s dress at Wimbledon 2018 — a racerback design with cutout back panel and sunburst pleats. So, the Russian is not expected to wear the white version of her blue Roland Garros dress.
The front section of the Nike Fall Maria London Dress looks pretty basic, but the back of the dress talks out loud! There is a wide mid-back cutout in-between pleats that adorn the racerback and skirt.
From one angle it even looks to be a combination of a crop top and a high-waisted skirt, reminding me a bit of Serena Williams’ Roland Garros 2016 dress.
The dress is categorized as a slim-fitted design, with femininity and flair provided by pleats.
What do you think about this dress? Are you looking forward to seeing it on Maria?
The Nike Wimbledon collection is available at Tennis Warehouse USA and Tennis Warehouse Europe.
MORE WIMBLEDON 2018 FASHION:
- Garbine Muguruza‘s clothes from Adidas x Palace collaboration
- Adidas by Stella McCartney Wimbledon whites for Caroline Wozniacki
- Simona Halep, Serena Williams, Maria Sharapova, Sloane Stephens & Genie Bouchard lead Team Nike in London
- Agnieszka Radwanska’s Lotto Nixia IV Dress
- Karolina Pliskova, Ashleigh Barty to wear Fila’s white floral lace Championships collection
- Venus Williams‘ EleVen Core and Pique styles
- Lacoste look for Dominika Cibulkova, Christina McHale and Kristie Ahn
- Heather Watson‘s New Balance outfits for London
- Julia Goerges, Johanna Konta reveal Asics Wimbledon whites
- Official sponsor Babloat releases Wimbledon collection
The front looks too plain, but love the back,its full of action… I hope she doesn’t remodified like she did with her 2015 AO dress..
ian as you said I am fully agreed with you. she doesn’t remodified like she did with her 2015 AO dress..
I think all the dresses Maria wore in the past complimented her body well, thus making the outfit looked stunning, except for her 2016 AO dress, that dress made her looked like she was pregnant..
I am looking forward from Nike to see Simona Halep’s special outfit for Wimbledon. SHE is the number 1 in women tennis right now and SHE just won a Grand Slam. Who cares what will wear a tennis player who is number 30 or so and won NOTHING the last years??!
I do care Sharapova number 24 ranking (no 30). Halep is a good tennis player, but she’s not a star. Actually I find her bored.
No. She is a drug cheat and has no place in the game.
She is going to modify it