Ashleigh Barty‘s 2021 Wimbledon whites are part of Fila‘s specially-designed Trailblazer collection that pays homage to multiple Grand Slam champion and fellow Australian Evonne Goolagong Cawley. Fila will take over the courts in London with three grass court tennis collections and this is one of them.
The Trailblazer commemorates Goolagong Cawley’s incredible triumph in London in 1971. The apparel incorporates elements inspired by the former world number one’s on-court fashion back in the day. The standout detail are laser-cut flowers that are featured in both Barty’s Racerback Tank and her 13.5″ skort with laser cut scalloped hem. A few years back, laser cutouts were a common element in women’s tennis fashion, especially in Stella McCartney and Lotto designs.
For pre-match warm-up, the collection offers a pant and track jacket combo.
Top-ranked Barty commented on her new gear:
It’s hard to put into words how much of an impact Evonne has had on the culture of tennis in Australia and on me personally, I don’t think there is anyone more iconic in our sport. I am very proud to wear this commemorative collection from Fila in celebration not only of her momentous victories on the court, but also her incredible legacy off of it.
Fila also reached out to Goolagong Cawley for comment:
Wow, it just blows my mind. What a wonderful thing to do, what a wonderful honor. It’s truly fantastic.
When it comes to shoes, all Fila-sponsored WTA players will wear the latest white Axilus 2 Energized model.
MORE WIMBLEDON 2021 FASHION:
- Nike goes for asymmetry, mesh overlays, iridescent sheen
- Adidas merges soccer and tennis in Uniforia collection for Kerber, Muguruza, Sakkari
- Venus Williams to rock iridescent EleVen Glow Up collection
- Iga Swiatek presents her Asics Wimbledon whites
- Karolina Pliskova, Timea Babos to debut Fila White Line collection
- Sofia Kenin, Kiki Bertens to sport Fila x Brooks Brothers dress and blazer