A month and a half ago I showed you Fila‘s collaboration with Brooks Brothers and told you that the limited-edition range would hit the courts at Wimbledon. Now we know that the WTA players chosen to don the new collection in London are Sofia Kenin and Kiki Bertens.
Fila has prepared as many as three collections for this year’s Wimbledon. Top-ranked Ashleigh Barty will sport the Fila Trailblazer clothes. The third collection I’ll present shortly.
The first images of the Fila x Brooks Brothers collection showed dominant presence of navy and red, so people wondered how would that apparel be acceptable for Wimbledon. Then I told you that we would definitely see some all-white pieces in the collection and that’s exactly what Fila has revealed today.
Kenin and Bertens will introduce a sleeveless dress with defining details such as a self fabric collar and snap placket, all designed on signature drop needle fabric. Finishing the look is a timeless classic, the Seersucker Sportcoat, a super soft construction blazer with a two-button silhouette. This style marries Brooks Brothers authentic American style with Fila’s iconic tennis heritage for the perfect combination of performance and fashion.
All Fila-sponsored ladies will wear the latest white Axilus 2 Energized shoe model.
Male tennis players who will wear this collection at Wimbledon are John Isner, Sam Querrey, and Mackie McDonald.
MORE WIMBLEDON 2021 FASHION:
- Nike goes for asymmetry, mesh overlays, iridescent sheen
- Adidas merges soccer and tennis in Uniforia collection for Kerber, Muguruza, Sakkari
- Venus Williams to rock iridescent EleVen Glow Up collection
- Iga Swiatek presents her Asics Wimbledon whites
- Karolina Pliskova, Timea Babos to debut Fila White Line collection
- Ashleigh Barty‘s Fila clothes honor Evonne Goolagong Cawley