To celebrate the Fila fashion history that dates back to 1911, top-ranked Ashleigh Barty will sport the exclusive 110 Year tennis collection at the upcoming US Open.
Designers found inspiration in old Fila sketches and used contemporary top performance fabrics to create a limited-edition collection that will help tennis pros bring their A-game on the courts in New York. The navy / white / marina blue color palette and classic silhouettes bring back the vintage styles from Fila’s rich history. All pieces feature a special Fila x 110 Anniversary logo.
Even though this article focuses on women’s apparel, the 110 Year collection includes men’s clothes as well, to be worn by Americans John Isner, Reilly Opelka and Sam Querrey.
Both the men and women will round out the 110 Year Collection with the iconic Fila French Terry Jacket featuring the heritage signature stripe side panel and rib knit stripe detailing at the collar, cuffs and button band. This vintage piece is instantly recognizable as one of the most iconic looks in the brand’s history, paying homage to Fila’s role as a pioneer and an innovator in tennis fashion, which included bringing color to the traditionally white-clad world of the sport. A French Terry Track Pant completes the collection.
Barty’s footwear at the final Grand Slam of the season will be Fila’s leading performance tennis shoe, the Axilus 2 Energized, this time styled in marina/navy to match the apparel.
What is unusual, Fila is also introducing two off-court footwear models: the Tennis 88 Street Sneaker and Drifter Lux Slide.
MORE 2021 US OPEN WTA FASHION:
- Fila’s Wildcard collection intended for Sofia Kenin, Karolina Pliskova
- Naomi Osaka‘s custom neon yellow Nike dress
- Nike Air Zoom GP Turbo women’s tennis shoes for Naomi Osaka
- Nike New York collection takes us back to vintage ’80s designs
- Nike women’s tennis shoes ready for New York
- Adidas goes for earth tones and herringbone-inspired prints
- Asics women’s apparel and shoes for Iga Swiatek, Caroline Garcia and Jennifer Brady