Fila‘s Wildcard collection set to be worn by Sofia Kenin and Karolina Pliskova at the 2021 US Open introduces modern takes on styles of the past with a variety of high-neck designs and a mystifying color palette of rattan / dusk blue / stucco / black and moonlight.
This first promo image shows the world number five Kenin in the Fila Wildcard Dress, highlighted by a large back cutout and flatlock stitching at the front and back. A neat tonal Fila tennis ball logo is placed at left chest. The dress comes with a matching shortie and integrated bra with removable pads.
Here we can see the American in the Fila Wildcard Racerback Tank, an activewear classic available in three distinct color styles: black, dusk blue and white with contrast piping on front and back. The 12.5 inch Side Wrap Skort features a printed undershort and is offered in dusk blue / moonlight / black.
The Wildcard collection includes two additional skort styles — the 13.5 inch Flirt Skort and 14.5 inch Scoop Skort — both with contrast color piping and a rubber Fila tennis ball logo. The above left photo shows the latter, paired with the Fila Wildcard Full Coverage Tank that has a print inset at the neckline.
The Fila Wildcard Highneck Tank, shown above right, stands out with its delicately printed front and back yoke and contrast piping on one side. The design is available in this beige tone, in black with blue inset at neckline, and in white.
The Fila Wildcard Short Sleeve Top feels soft and features mesmerizing printed side panels under the arm.
The Wildcard apparel is complemented with the limited-edition white / black / stucco style of the Axilus 2 Energized tennis shoe.
MORE 2021 US OPEN WTA FASHION:
- Naomi Osaka‘s custom neon yellow Nike dress
- Ashleigh Barty honors Fila’s anniversary with 110 Year collection
- Nike Air Zoom GP Turbo women’s tennis shoes for Naomi Osaka
- Nike New York collection takes us back to vintage ’80s designs
- Nike women’s tennis shoes ready for New York
- Adidas goes for earth tones and herringbone-inspired prints
- Asics women’s apparel and shoes for Iga Swiatek, Caroline Garcia and Jennifer Brady