Nike has launched the Paris collection that is sure to shine against the red clay of Roland Garros 2021. Designs embrace asymmetry, mesh overlays and dark color palette which exudes elegance.
The collection’s centerpiece is the Nike Summer Advantage Slam Dress. It looks like a dress Maria Sharapova would create and wear in Paris. Very elegant, like a dress intended for a dinner date or an evening cocktail.
Although very simple when it comes to colors, as there is just a slight contrast between the tones used, the dress seduces with details and textures such as pleats on the right side of the skirt, diagonal open-knit sections in the upper back and chest, as well as an extra stretchy triangle inset in the high heat area of the waist. The Dri-FIT ADV technology takes moisture-wicking fabric to the next level.
The Nike Summer Advantage Slam Tank combines an iridescent inner tank that slightly changes colors during movement and an asymmetrical mesh overlay that adds coverage and texture.
The Nike Summer Advantage Slam Skirt features an extra stretchy and breathable waistband. Comfort is further ensured by origami-inspired pleats that allow greater range of motion.
Similar to the dress, the Nike Summer Advantage Slam Top features iridescent fabric and open knit sections in the hottest areas. What’s unique about this cap-sleeve top are the overlapping bottom layers that are only partially stitched to provide freedom of movement.
For practice, Nike released this Summer RG Play T-Shirt, a white cotton-blend tee with elongated short sleeves. A print graphic on the front features an artistic representation of tennis players, the Eiffel Tower and the Arc de Triomphe. The Swoosh is merged in the fun graphic and it is repeated in the back of the neck.
Shoe styles that best match the new looks are the Nike React Vapor NXT in dark raisin and black and the Nike Air Zoom GP Turbo in the same colorway.
MORE ROLAND GARROS 2021 FASHION:
- Official 2021 Roland Garros merch: T-shirts, racquets, bags, and towels
- Naomi Osaka‘s designs her own Nike tennis dress and shoes
- Sofia Kenin unveils Fila x MSGM tennis collection
- Ashleigh Barty to debut Fila Celestial Point collection
- Defending champion Iga Swiatek will wear this Asics tank and skirt in Paris
- Kristina Mladenovic, Garbine Muguruza, Maria Sakkari present Adidas‘ head-to-toe iridescent looks
- Anett Kontaveit presents Lacoste apparel for the French Open
- Johanna Konta shows her new tie-dye Ellesse dress
- Yonex indulges in lavender