Running a giveaway that includes a trip to Paris and tickets for Roland Garros, Adidas is presenting a new tennis collection prepared for the 2023 clay-court season.
To illustrate their giveaway announcement on Instagram, Adidas uses a picture of Garbine Muguruza wearing a new dress that we expect to be worn by players in Paris. It’s a big question why the brand didn’t use a photo of Elena Rybakina, Jessica Pegula or Maria Sakkari, as Muguruza is their representative who will not show up at the French Open this year, opting to focus on her private life and spend more time with friends and family. Adidas probably planned this giveaway way in advance, before Muguruza announced the extended break.
We still don’t have detailed information about the dress, but we can see that Adidas chose the color red, which traditionally works great with the orange clay at Roland Garros. To provide some contrast, the pleats of the dress are two-toned, i.e. the insides feature an abstract print that resembles the structure of the courts’ surface material.
First semifinal of the season 💪
After dropping the opening tiebreak, 3rd seed @DKasatkina rallies to defeat Keys 6-7 6-4 6-2!
— Credit One Charleston Open (@CharlestonOpen) April 7, 2023
We’ve already seen the dress launched at the Credit One Charleston Open by Anna Kalinskaya. Moreover, Daria Kasatkina and Jessica Pegula have introduced a yellow printed tank and black skirt from the collection this week at the WTA 500 tournament in South Carolina.
UPDATE: Adidas has launched the Paris 2023 tennis collection.
PARIS 2023 TENNIS FASHION ROUNDUP:
- Madison Keys presents Nike Paris 2023 Grand Slam collection
- Explore the latest Nike tennis dresses up close
- Lacoste x Roland Garros 2023 tennis clothes
- Blue waves on red clay: Presenting Asics Paris apparel
- Fila‘s La Finale collection for Barbora Krejcikova, Karolina Pliskova
- Yonex unveils pink and navy designs with Caroline Garcia and Dayana Yastremska
- Bidi Badu serves delicious macaroon-colored stripes
- Coco Gauff‘s New Balance Twisted Net CG1 tennis shoe
- Wilson x Roland Garros limited-edition racquets
- Official Roland Garros merchandise