Adidas has revealed their new design for Ana Ivanovic’s Wimbledon 2013 and it’s quite daring, with a see-through curve highlighting the front part of the dress. The detail will definitely make the dress stand out from the crowd, but it is not over-the-top or tasteless – Adidas achieved a good balance, in my opinion.
Compare Ivanovic’s Wimbledon dresses from past years:
- 2008: A scoop-neck tank dress with petal skirt
- 2009: A V-neck dress with layered skirt
- 2010: Square neck and clean lines for this Adidas Adilibria piece
- 2011: Adidas Women’s Fall Adizero Feather dress
- 2012: Adidas Women’s Lawn Adizero dress
As for the fashion of other Grand Slam champions and the upcoming Wimbledon, we know that Venus Williams will work this wonderful EleVen dress and here you can see Maria Sharapova’s and Serena Williams’ Nike whites. (via The Slice)
Well I’m glad she doesn’t wear the white version of her other dresses like she has done last few years. Or then she will wear other versions of this dress during the US Open series which was the case last year.
1. Judging by this one picture, the dress is lovely: the design challenges the purity of our mind-set by the purity of Ana’s appearance, and the purity of Ana’s appearance enhances the (challenge of the) design… And – while some potential customers, to their own woe, may not understand such subtleties – the designer(s) of the dress surely understand the “model” they are working with.
2. Well, I’m glad that you, fan of “tenniz”, are “glad [that] she doesn’t wear… etc.” – but, you know, to an open eye/mind, the same cut of a dress in white and colours can (and most often is) a whole new experience.
3. Cheers, my dears.
First of all, Tulp, I’m sorry if you don’t like my English but I don’t even speak it as my mother tongue. And I think I do have a right to my opinions…
And don’t get me wrong, I DO LIKE the dress. I just think it’s refreshing to see something else because Ana has wear just that one dress in two colours besides the RG dress.