I wrote extensively about Yohji Yamamoto’s Adidas dazzle camouflage collection to be worn by Ana Ivanovic, Simona Halep, Angelique Kerber, Kristina Mladenovic, and others at the 2016 French Open, and then I told you that ball boys and girls will also be clad in the extravagant Y-3 line. Today at Tennis Warehouse Europe, I’ve come across some nice blue pieces which I think are the outfits prepared for ball girls at the upcoming Grand Slam.
Interestingly, ball kids will apparently not wear the “zebra” print, rather their clothes will be classic blue, with appealing asymmetrical twists in design: contrast white binding at the right sleeve of the Adidas Spring RG Y-3 Ballgirl Top and adorable extended layer of the Adidas Spring RG Y-3 Ballgirl Skirt. Logos of the tournament, Adidas and the Japanese designer are beautifully rounding out the looks.
There is also this photo of a model wearing a blue version of the black Adidas RG Y-3 Skirt to be worn by Simona Halep, but I find the asymmetrical skirt way cuter.
The look is completed with these Adidas Adizero Y-3 Clay 2016 Women’s Shoes.
FRENCH OPEN OUTFITS OF WTA PLAYERS:
- From catwalks to Paris clay: Agnieszka Radwanska‘s coral lacy Lotto dress
- Nike honors France with Serena Williams‘ and Madison Keys‘ blue outfits
- Ana Ivanovic, Angelique Kerber, Simona Halep, Kristina Mladenovic: Adidas‘ dazzle camouflage collection, in motion even when it is still
- Venus Williams‘ Geo Swirl collection by EleVen
- Caroline Wozniacki‘s and Garbine Muguruza‘s Adidas by Stella McCartney lilac designs with subtle floral print
- Gingham style: Karolina Pliskova‘s and Yaroslava Shvedova‘s Fila clothes
- Jelena Jankovic’s colorful limited-edition Fila dresses by Marion Bartoli
- Lacoste styles for Dominika Cibulkova and Elena Vesnina
- Alize Lim‘s Le Coq Sportif jumpsuit
- Maria Sharapova
will wearthis Nike dress
thank heavens the ball kids won’t be wearing the zebra print. Too many zebras!
@CLT agreed. Just like last year, darkness all over the court!
I like it! It is classy, but at the same time with an unusual touch! Good job!
I like the blue color and agree with CLT: thank god no zebras 😀
I don’t like the asymmetrical skirt, though, looks like the ‘fake’ skirts which are actually bermudas with a front cover XD.
Aren’t the kids cold? The players, umpire, and even the line people have sleeves or jackets just curious. Thanks for allowing me to weigh in.